Administrative Assistant - Food & Beverage
Company: Snowbird Resort
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Job DescriptionFood and Beverage Administrative Assistant About
SnowbirdSnowbird is a world-renowned ski and summer resort just 6
miles up Little Cottonwood Canyon. Here, winter enthusiasts
experience all types of mountain terrain which can be enjoyed by
every level of skier and snowboarder. Guests can sharpen their
skills at our topflight mountain school, go for a backcountry
snow-cat tour or enjoy an exhilarating heli-ski adventure. Snowbird
offers 4 hotels, 15 restaurants, conference facilities, summer
activities, Oktoberfest and a full-service spa, all surrounded by
spectacular granite peaks - making Snowbird a world-class
destination.Mission and ValuesSnowbird's ambition is to provide
unique big mountain experiences that grow the committed Snowbird
family. This includes both our team members and our guests. By
helping everyone experience what makes Snowbird unique and special,
the environment, the mountain, the canyon and the people. In this
way they make memories for a lifetime, "memories that match our
mountain".Are you a passionate, outgoing team player with a
positive attitude? Would you thrive working in beautiful Little
Cottonwood Canyon? Snowbird is a year-round resort offering
full-time, part-time and seasonal positions. Working at Snowbird
requires flexibility, enthusiasm and a willingness to help your
fellow team member in any situation. Snowbird has three priorities
above all else: team members, guests and the environment. Happy,
motivated team members result in happy, satisfied guests, all
working and playing in an environment unlike any place in the
world. Join our community this winter season. We have ski and
resort perks! Under the direction of the Senior Director of Food
and Beverage, provides operational and administrative support to
the Food & Beverage department. Position Functions / Areas of
- Assist Sr. Food & Beverage Director & Food & Beverage office in
all aspects of daily operations. Assist other managers and
departments as directed by the Sr. Food and Beverage Director.
- Run and compile reports weekly, bi-weekly, monthly and for
year-end (Wrike, Stratton Warren, InfoGenesis, OpenTable and
Uncorked, etc.) Provide necessary reports to Directors and
Executives upon request.
- Respond to correspondence as required. Assist with
communication emails to everyone at Snowbird for special events and
various information updates.
- Office Administration: ordering, organizing, filing, data
entry. Menu formatting, typing, creating graphs and reports. Answer
phone lines, assist internal department and provide guest
information and customer service. Update and maintain phone line
- Take dinner reservations and input them in OpenTable dinner
reservation system appropriately. Assist in keeping guest history
accurate and clean database.
- Distribution of Food & Beverage information. Assist compiling
marketing work order in a timely manner, assist in creating menu
- Assist with cleaning reports, Health Department inspections,
maintenance reports and follow-up.
- Attend various meetings and takes minutes of the necessary
- Assist in maintaining & correcting employee time keeping
- Assist in preparing or correcting restaurant, banquet, or
special event checks & transactions.
- Assist internal department managers, guests, clients, and
potential clients that call or walk into the office by answering
questions or directing them to the appropriate person.
- Maintain records and restaurant hours of operation on website,
marketing & recording.
- Travel: Occasional trips to Salt Lake ValleyInteractions
- Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and
other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working
relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.Education
& Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred. Additional
related work experience may be substituted for education.
- 6+ months of job-specific work experience with demonstrated
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Food Handler Permit, Tips CertSkills & Knowledge
- Understanding of restaurant operation is imperative as well as
strong written communication skills including grammar and spelling.
Strong oral and telephone skills are imperative. Must be a
proficient computer user. Must be an intermediate to advanced user
of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
Knowledge of InfoGenesis, sms Host, Wrike, OpenTable, Delphi and
Stratton Warren preferred.
- Interactive Skills, communication skills, customer service
skills, interaction with senior level management on regular basis.
Must have ability to handle correspondence, compose business
communications, maintain files. Must have ability to discuss with
customers and co-workers' various restaurants and properties.
Requires the ability to clearly communicate client and guest
requirements to all essential departments.
- Must always have strong attention to detail.
- May complete record keeping and other duties as needed.
- Ability to handle, process, maintain and protect guest personal
information, including credit card information, in compliance with
all company or department policies and procedures according to PCI
rules and requirements. This includes privacy and confidentiality,
reporting, storage, and disposal of sensitive information. Will not
share or disclose any guest personal or financial information to
anyone unless authorized by the guest, manager or company or unless
disclosure is permitted within departmental policies and
- Self-management, organizing, must exhibit sense of urgency when
necessary. Assistance on keeping client database and information
accurate. Must be creative in assisting with development of
reports, sometimes with very little time. Confidentiality is
imperative (employee, guest, client, etc. information).
- Must have the ability to work well with all departments and
work without supervision. Must be able to problem-solve,
multi–task, and coordinate successfully in stressful situations.
Must be able to maintain a high level of interdepartmental
confidentiality, considering all information received is
- Tuesday-Saturday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, with some nights and
weekends as required by workload and special events.
- Must have flexible schedule, as hours may vary.Working
- Must be prepared to stay overnight, if necessary, on occasional
times of road closures.
- May experience unusual stress from high business volumes,
deadlines, continual work with public, winter conditions, snow
night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to carry trays and other items needed for
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp
and perform repetitive motions.
- General office environment with limited physical activity.
- Work is routine in pleasant, comfortable surroundings. General
office conditions prevail. All job opportunities at Snowbird Ski &
Summer Resort require the ability to comply with our Professional
Appearance, Drug & Alcohol, and Employee Conduct Policies.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of
all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the
Keywords: Snowbird Resort, Sandy , Administrative Assistant - Food & Beverage, Administration, Clerical , Sandy, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!