Company: Solitude Mountain Resort
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Please note, this position is located at Solitude Mountain
Resort in Solitude, UTSeasonalJOB TITLE: Freeride CoachDIVISION:
SnowsportsREPORTS TO: Teams ManagerLOCATION: Ski &
RideCLASSIFICATION: Seasonal/ Hourly/ Full-TimePOSITION:The
Solitude Freeride Team prepares 1018-year-old athletes to compete
in IFSA Junior Freeride Competitions. We seek professional and
enthusiastic coaches who can assist athletes in setting and
achieving goals in advanced Freeride ski technique. The programing
focuses on safety while prioritizing strong skiing skills and
mountain knowledge. We coach to IFSA's five judging categories for
Freeride competitions including: Line Selection, Control,
Technique, Fluidity, Style, and Energy.It is expected that our
coaches are available for the following: off-snow training, on-snow
coaching on all Saturdays and Sundays, our holiday camp, and travel
to IFSA regional competitions.SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENT
- Conduct daily training for athletes as directed and scheduled
by the Head Coach.
- Have high standards for safety in all training
- Assure that all facilities and equipment are properly
maintained and stored.
- Shoot video and conduct video analysis sessions with athletes
on a regular basis.
- If directed by the Head Coach, conduct athlete goal setting
meetings at start of year and review throughout season.
- Be responsible for on hill coaching duties and travel to IFSA
regional events with athletes.
- Provide positive feedback daily to athletes and submit written
year end evaluations on each athlete.
- Communicate any needs to perform job exceptionally to the Head
- Participate in coaches' meetings, briefings, and other
professional functions as directed by the Head Coach and Program
- Be on time with proper gear all scheduled shifts.EDUCATION &
- Advanced level skiing skills and knowledge as demonstration by
the Head Coach.
- Preferred Level 1 IFSA certification
- All coaches are required to have completed the Coaching
Fundamentals course with US Ski and Snowboard
- Level 1 PSIA certification is encouraged
- USSA Level 1 coach certification is encouraged
- Avalanche safety education/certification, and/or the motivation
and willingness to obtain these certifications during the first
season of employment.
- It's preferred to have a minimum of one season in an organized
IFSA freeride, US Ski and Snowboard, or high school program.
Competition experience at the IFSA, US Ski and Snowboard and/or FIS
level is a plus. At least one year of experience as an instructor
in an organized ski school is also desirable.
- Must understand current IFSA rules and judging criteria.
- Excellent people skills are required to effectively communicate
with athletes, parents, other coaches, mountain employees and
guests on the mountain.TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:Travel may be required
for regional IFSA competitions.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING
- Be at Solitude Mountain Resort on time on days work is
- The primary outdoor environment requires tolerance to exposures
such as cold,snow, wind, rain, sun, high altitude, extreme heights,
extreme terrain, lightning, etc...
- Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or
hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with equipment.
- Exposure to: Ultraviolet radiation from the sun enhanced
through lack of atmospheric filtration at work altitude.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors, and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual
functions being those of near vision and depth perception.To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of this
position.THE BENEFITS AND PERKSAt Solitude Mountain Resort, we
offer a variety of employee benefits! First, you are lucky enough
to be working in the beautiful, scenic Wasatch Mountains. Enjoy
mountain activities before work, after work, on work breaks, and on
days off! Activities include skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing,
cross country, hiking, mountain biking, climbing, and so much more.
Work with other mountain enthusiasts. This is an excellent
opportunity to socialize, meet great people, and attend employee
events around the resort. Some events include unique opportunities
like employee ski days, employee yoga, live music events, film
festival ski movie features, and many more summer activities- at
work! You get to work and play in the same place. Eligibility is
dependent on all employee classification of work.BENEFITS:Ski and
- Eligible employees receive a free Solitude season pass for
themselves and eligible dependents. This includes unlimited
skiing/riding for winter employees with no blackout dates and bike
hauls for summer employees
- Free access to select Alterra Mountain Company Destinations
throughout North America for you and eligible dependents
- Discounted Solitude lift tickets for your friends & family
- Discounted ski and ride lessons
- Free Nordic ski and snowshoe pass for the Solitude Nordic &
Snowshoe Center for winter employees
- Ski and ride perks at other local resorts
- Complimentary UTA Ski Bus passOther Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short-term & long-term
disability insurance, EAP, HSA, FSA for eligible employees
- Discounts resort-wide for food, rentals, retail, lessons, and
- Pro deals with hundreds of outdoor brands
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Free counseling service for you and your household members
through our Employee Assistance ProgramRequired
Keywords: Solitude Mountain Resort, Sandy , Freeride Coach, Education / Teaching , Sandy, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!