Company: Flowserve Corporation
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Company Overview:If a culture of excellence, innovation and
ownership is what you're searching for, consider putting your
experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or
as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure
Flowserve's position as the global standard in comprehensive flow
control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional
development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our
foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity
and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve,
we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow
control solutions to make the world better for everyone!Role
Summary:Develop and maintain the low-level, processor specific
embedded software that exists in all of Flowserve's digital
positioner products.Responsibilities &
- Analyze the embedded code requirements necessary to run
Flowserve's Smart Products, and determine the feasibility and
implementation method regarding the embedded code.
- Create the embedded code for new Smart Products being developed
- Troubleshoot problems with our Smart Products and fix any
problems related to the embedded code.
- Work with other programmers to define the interactions with the
user interface software.
- Work with Electrical Engineers to define the interactions with
the electronic hardware.
- Test the functionality of the embedded code and electronic
hardware. Fix embedded code issues and recommend hardware solutions
- Create and maintain documentation relating to the embedded code
including the creation of user manuals and technical
- Minimum 10yrs. experience C/C++ programming experience on
various embedded processor platforms.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Firm working knowledge of 'C' and assembly programming
languages and theory.
- Solid understanding of the underlying electronic hardware.
- Knowledge of common electronic communication standards,
practices, and theories.
- Working knowledge of HW design, able to read and understand
- Working knowledge of Real-Time embedded operating system
- Knowledge of networking protocols and their interactions
- Experience with PID control algorithms.Preferred Experience /
- Additional understanding of programming languages,
microprocessors, electronics, communications, process control
theory, emulators, debuggers, organizational skills, and
office-type computer software in general.
- Willingness to solve unknown technical problems with little or
no instruction, documentation, or supervision.
- Knowledge of Segger EmBos, various compliers and ARM M4
- Industrial control experience related to electro-pneumatic
- Detailed understanding of Industrial communication protocols
Such as HART and Foundation Fieldbus Protocol communication stack
and function blocks.Primary Posting Location: Springville, Utah
USJob Posting Category: Engineering/R&DJob Advertising Title:
R&D EngineerEmployment Type: Full timeCountry: United
StatesAuto req ID: 53886BRFlowserve is an equal opportunity
employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race,
gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn
more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or
employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay
or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click
here to learn more.If you are a qualified individual with a
disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a
reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your
ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your
disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending
an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond
to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as
your subject line of your email. For more information, read the
Keywords: Flowserve Corporation, Sandy , R&D Engineer, Engineering , Sandy, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!