Project Engineer - Traveling Only
Posted on: May 10, 2022
- This position is anticipated to be a traveling position. This
means that you will relocate to where projects are taking place and
live in that location during the duration of the project. This
position is within a business unit that completes work for some of
the top and most respected companies in the nation. If you are not
able to travel/relocate, please apply to a position that will best
suit your needs.
The Project Engineer assists Project Managers to ensure that work
installed on the project meets plan and specification
Duties And Responsibilities
- Assures compliance by becoming intimately familiar with the
assigned project plans and specifications. Reviews shop drawing and
- Reviews plans from the standpoint of value analysis and
constructability, ensuring appropriate materials are utilized.
Communicates inconsistencies to the architect.
- Recommends labor saving and other cost-saving methods, which
will save Layton and/or the owner money in actual
- Attends and takes notes for project team meetings, including
weekly Owner/Architect meetings and subcontractor coordination
meetings. Distributes meeting minutes to participants.
- Publishes weekly progress reports for assigned projects and
follows up for receipt, review, and distribution of information
required for project construction.
- Updates project schedules as needed.
- Assists in bidding and in developing scope of work for trade
- Works with the superintendent to prepare project schedule,
including establishing dates for receiving shop drawings and
milestones necessary to complete the project on time. Follows up
for review and approval for shop drawings, samples, material lists,
- Maintains logs, reflecting the status of shop drawings,
requests for clarification, change requests, and proposal
- Advises on proper procedures for concrete pours. Inspects
- Coordinates standard slump and compaction testing to verify
compliance to specifications.
- Reviews field procedures and final installation of structural
elements to ensure compliance of the work.
- Performs work sampling. Observes and analyzes work methods,
techniques, and procedures to advise superintendent on improvement
of production efficiency.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
Report unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Safety.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction
management, or related field, or the equivalent education and
- Good written and oral communication skills. Expresses self
clearly and effectively when talking with individuals and groups.
Demonstrates poise and mastery of language. Expresses ideas clearly
in writing. Uses proper organization and grammar.
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Flexibility: Willing to modify plans and behavior when
necessary to meet a goal.
- Cooperation: Works well with other people. Takes time to help
co-workers, customers and others achieve their goals and
- The ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Learning Ability: Has the ability and desire to quickly learn
new job-related information.
- The ability to understand and apply OSHA and company safety
- Has integrity: maintains normal standards of ethics, conduct,
and organizational policies in job-related activities.
- Problem Solving: Solves practical problems and deals with a
variety of variables in situations where only limited
standardization exists; interprets a variety of complex
- One year previous field experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of scheduling programs preferred.
- Ability to understand and convey basic Spanish commands,
questions, and instructions regarding concrete construction or
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL - Layton Construction is an equal
opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other
legally protected characteristics
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years
Keywords: iHire, Sandy , Project Engineer - Traveling Only, Engineering , Sandy, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!