Controls & Instrumentation Engineer
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Title: Controls & Instrumentation EngineerJob Type:
PermanentLocation: (Remote or Sandy, Utah)
Job Description:About the job:POSITION SUMMARY:
The Controls and Instrumentation engineer (C&I engineer) is
responsible for designing, developing, installing, managing, and
maintaining systems and equipment used to monitor and control
machinery and processes. The C&I engineer ensures these systems
and processes operate effectively, efficiently, and safely. The
C&I engineer will develop or demonstrate knowledge in the areas
of: stone crushing, sizing, grinding and drying, lime calcination,
combustion and pyro-processing, materials handling, sampling,
testing, and quality control. The role is multidisciplinary;
working closely with colleagues across several functions, such as
process engineering, plant operations, project engineering and
information systems (IS).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work safely and ensure appropriate safeguards are in place to
mitigate hazards and prevent incidents.
- Design, develop and test new control systems as well as
maintaining and modifying existing systems.
- Provide program development, testing, and support for expert
control systems (ECS), programmable logic controllers (PLC), human
machine interfaces (HMI) and process networks.
- Collaborate with design engineers, plant engineers, IS and
other internal staff.
- Participate in the development and implementation of automation
standards; Liaise with consultants, contractors, and suppliers to
- Engage appropriate support to comply with relevant health,
safety and environmental regulations and quality standards.
- Purchase equipment specific to instrumentation, network, and
- Analyze data and present findings in clear written
- Learn plant operations and existing systems (control, network,
data management, etc.)
- Perform and provide guidance on instrument calibration, control
loop tuning, and advanced control system optimization.
- Degree in controls and instrumentation engineering or other
engineering curriculum with controls and instrumentation
- Minimum 5 years in industrial experience related to processing
and control systems.
- Demonstrated skills in specific control disciplines such
- advanced process control (APC)
- multiple-input & multiple-output (MIMO) with model predictive
- distributed control systems (DCS)
- programmable logic controllers (PLC)
- supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA)
- Background in Process Engineering is an asset.
- Creative problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong team working skills, collaborative, able to motivate and
- Flexibility and an ability to compromise.
- Willingness to accept responsibility and make decisions.
- Rigorous and attentive to detail; strong analytical
- Understanding of and ability to work with high-level computer
- Ability to travel is required, including international
- Available for occasional on-call or irregular hours to support
project implementation, commissioning, and troubleshooting.
Regards, Emmanuel Cyrus
Keywords: Confidential, Sandy , Controls & Instrumentation Engineer, Engineering , Sandy, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!