Project Manager - Concrete
Company: Layton Construction Company, LLC
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Headquartered in Salt Lake City and supported by 12 offices
nationally, at Layton we're builders and we're family! Through
delivering predictable outcomes, we've been inspiring confidence in
our customers since 1953. We know that behind every project are the
highly-skilled people making it happen every day, which makes
investing in hiring, developing and retaining the brightest minds a
top priority. We want the opportunity to help you achieve your
career goals. Joining Layton isn't just a new job, it's a career
move that will provide lasting success for you and your family.
Summary The Project Manager is responsible for the overall
planning, management, procurement, scheduling, and execution of
work for assigned construction projects. May be assigned
responsibility for one or more projects at a time. Maximizes
project profitability and promotes the Layton objectives and goals.
Achieves quality and safety standards and exceeds owner
expectations by delivering predictable outcomes. Duties
- Champions "The Layton Way" by delivering predictable outcomes
for internal teams, external teams, and customers.
- Ensures that "Constructing with Integrity" is delivered by
working with honesty, unity, safety, and quality of work.
- Works well with Layton's "Two in the Box" application working
well with your counterpart (Superintendent) to ensure successful
project delivery and to strengthen client relationship.
- Review and price ASI's, RFI's and new drawings.
- Leads the project team in preparing the project management plan
(PMP) and organizes and conducts pre-award and pre-construction
- Participates in value engineering services as appropriate,
negotiation and preparation of project subcontracts.
- Prepares a project schedule and develops milestones necessary
to successfully complete the project in concert with the project
- Controls the contract documents and determines their
completeness and consistency and plans the successful execution of
the construction contract.
- Manages project materials and equipment procurement within the
project's budget and consistent with the project delivery
- Monitors the project site for quantity, cost, safety, quality,
and schedule performance with the project Superintendent and
develops and monitors project quality, safety, and risk management
- Negotiates owner and subcontractor change orders and manages
the resulting cost and profit impact.
- Develops the monthly client pay requests and follows up on
- Controls the payment of job costs based on document review and
approval. Coordinates with the job cost accountant for payments and
lien releases and participates in monthly accounting and project
- Manages all final close out procedures for the project
including as-built drawings, close out, letter of substantial
completion, and letter of recommendation.
- Interacts with Estimating to provide project cost information
for the estimating database.
- Manages client relationship and all meetings with client.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction management
or related field, or the equivalent education and experience.
- Preferably at least 5 years experience working in Concrete
- Understands estimating concepts to the level required to verify
bids, understand market rates, and to process change orders,
- Understands contractual language and concepts and how to
protect the company while providing quality service to the client
and has a working knowledge of construction laws and
- Understands building codes and other design requirements as
well as plans, blueprints, and specifications.
- Effective working as a team member and knows how to delegate to
other team members to achieve organizational and customer
- Skilled at making verbal and written presentations and
communications with others. Benefits: The Company offers the
following benefits for this position, subject to applicable
eligibility requirements: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance,
Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account, Healthcare Flexible
Spending Account, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, 401(k)
retirement plan with employer match, Life & AD&D Insurance,
Long-term Disability Insurance, Short-term Disability Insurance,
Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity
Insurance, Home & Auto Insurance, Family Support, Pre-tax Paid
Parking/Public Transportation, Paid time off, Time Away Benefits,
Paid Holidays, Group Legal, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Identity
Theft Protection, Group Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Assistance
Program. EEO Statement: Layton Construction an equal opportunity
employer.--- We evaluate qualified employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Keywords: Layton Construction Company, LLC, Sandy , Project Manager - Concrete, Executive , Sandy, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...