Company: Professional Recruiters
Posted on: May 28, 2023
National company that has grown to over $100MM in the past decade with some 50-60 employees, looking for Assistant Controller for in-office position. Clear growth potential to assume Controllership in next couple years.
Ideal candidate has 3-5 years accounting experience and looking for opportunity to handle accounting and finance needs, work with and for VP/Accounting, and confer with national CPA firm. Will offer insights on corporate projects; analysis on accounting and budget invited and welcomed.
No Assistant Controller or Controller, so strong career paths very much still open and exist for this position.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements with comparison between actual results and budget
- Create and maintain all general ledger account reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Provide mentorship to accounting assistants performing all daily accounts payable, billings, fixed asset and cash transactions
- Prepare journal entries associated with month end accruals, amortizations, etc.
- Monthly sales and rental tax preparation
- Assists with preparations for audits
- Resolve issues with accounting inaccuracies
- Develop and document strong controls in accounting processes
- Ensure company maintains compliance with all government agencies both locally and nationally
- At least 3 years' experience in a professional accounting environment
- Strong Excel skills. Strong management and mentoring experience.
- Proven abilities to learn new IT systems (Microsoft Dynamics Navision experience preferred)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Self-directed and willing to own and manage day to day accounting processes
- Solid understanding of GAAP and other applicable regulations
- Cultural fit and opportunity to work with nice people.
- Team-player willing to develop others within the organization
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Capacity to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment along with organization under expected timelines
- Team player who works well with all internal departments
- Motivated self-starter, willing to roll up sleeves and learn new processes and refine current ones
- Innovative individual determined to assist in automation of routine functions to then move on to more complex challenging opportunities in the organization
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to perform the above duties with little supervision
Education and/or experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting ( CPA a plus)
Keywords: Professional Recruiters, Sandy , Accounting Manager, Executive , Sandy, Utah
here to apply!