Pharmacy Technician - Alta View Hospital - PRN
Company: Intermountain Healthcare
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Description:The Pharmacy Technician demonstrates consistent
application of knowledge and skills in assisting the pharmacist in
the execution of appropriate, safe, efficacious, efficient, and
cost-effective pharmaceutical care. This position participates in
many procedural aspects of pharmacy practice under the supervision
of a licensed pharmacist or technician supervisor and is an
integral part of the pharmacy team.Scope
This position supports Pharmacy Services in Community-Based Care
and Specialty-Based Care locations.
- Provides customer service to patients, pharmacists, pharmacy
students, pharmacy technicians, and other healthcare professionals
in the areas of responsibility.
- Communicates with caregivers regarding responsibilities and
- Is competent and effective in technical responsibilities
assigned and seeks appropriate training and peer feedback on
- Understands and complies with state and federal laws,
regulations, policies and procedures, and guidelines related to
their specific area of practice.
- Participates in and supports financial responsibilities of the
department, facility, and Intermountain Healthcare.
- Provides delivery of medications, information, and service in a
professional, timely manner and is actively engaged in department
and team goals, activities, and projects.
- Attains appropriate supervision and accuracy checks by the
pharmacist(s), and clearly understands when a pharmacist is
required to verify tasks and activities .
- Participates in quality improvement activities and seeks a team
approach to developing and achieving best practices and
- Delivers detail-oriented, consistent, and flexible care.
- Current pharmacy technician license in state of practice.
- Current knowledge of state and federal regulations and statutes
regarding the practice of pharmacy and the distribution of approved
drugs, controlled substances, and investigational agents.
- Experience in the area of practice.Physical
Requirements:Carrying, hearing/listening, lifting, manual
dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing.Location:Alta View HospitalWork
City:SandyWork State:UtahScheduled Weekly Hours:0
Keywords: Intermountain Healthcare, Sandy , Pharmacy Technician - Alta View Hospital - PRN, Healthcare , Sandy, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!