Hotel Maintenance - Immediate Need - Marriott
Company: Residence Inn - Sandy
Posted on: September 6, 2020
Hotel Maintenance position is part-time, days and shifts vary.
Position may transition into full-time. This is an entry level
position that requires a positive attitude, willingness to learn,
and some familiarity with tools is preferred. We offer competitive
pay, opportunities for growth and advancement, and awesome benefits
including Marriott worldwide travel discounts! Come join our
Marriott and Woodbury Corporation care about your safety where you
work. We comply with Marriott brand standards and have adopted the
"Commitment to Clean" program to ensure the safety of you and our
Residence Inn by Marriott helps guests thrive while on long stays
so they can perform at their best. Spacious suites with full
kitchens offer the comforts of the modern home, while employees
provide service with a human touch to business and leisure
travelers alike. Working at Residence Inn, you will build
relationships grounded in team work and experience the legendary
Residence Inn service culture which focuses on delivering against
the unique needs of long stay guests. Find Your World--- at
Residence Inn by Marriott.
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
- Communicate with guests/customers to resolve maintenance
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and kitchen and
mechanical room equipment, including cleaning and
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines.
- Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment
and all utility shut-offs for buildings. Maintain maintenance
inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
- Communicate each day's activities and problems that occur to
the other shifts using approved communication programs and
- Display basic knowledge or ability to acquire knowledge in the
following categories: air conditioning and refrigeration,
electrical, mechanical, plumbing, pneumatic/electronic systems and
controls, carpentry and finish skills, kitchen equipment, vehicles,
energy conservation, and/or general building. Perform all surface
preparation, painting, minor drywall and wood trim repair, light
bulb and A/C filter replacement and the complete and thorough clean
up of the painting or repair area.
- Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of
equipment, plumbing (e.g., plunge toilets and unclog drains),
electrical components including lamps, cosmetic items, extension
cords, vacuum cleaners, internet devices, replace electrical
switches and outlets, and other guestroom items.
- Program TV's and perform general housekeeping and
engineering-related inventory duties. Use the Lockout/Tagout system
before performing any maintenance work.
- Perform repairs on interior and exterior landscaping as well as
external landscaping sprinklers.
- Display basic computer skills including inputting air handler
schedules and making temperature changes.
- We provide on the job training for all of the above job
functions. Follow all company and safety and security policies and
procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards,
accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and
certifications; and properly store flammable materials.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and
professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information,
and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company
standards, anticipate and address guests' service needs, assist
individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine
- Adhere to quality expectations and standards. Develop and
maintain positive working relationships with others, support team
to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the
concerns of other employees.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less
than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and heavier lifting
or movement tasks with assistance.
- Move up and down stairs, service ramps, and/or ladders. Reach
overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling,
and stooping. Enter and locate work-related information using
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
- Sandy, UT 84070
- High school or equivalent
Required license or certification:
- Driver's License
Keywords: Residence Inn - Sandy, Sandy , Hotel Maintenance - Immediate Need - Marriott, Hospitality & Tourism , Sandy, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!