H&M Department Manager
Posted on: January 8, 2022
The key to building a great look is combining bold pieces.
The key to building a great company is combining different bold
We take pride in our history of making fashion accessible to the
many, and strive to build a more welcoming, inclusive and
sustainable industry. But we also know that you cant change the
world without great people and great teams.
Daily, we are creating with you that special kind of workplace,
where unique talents from all over the world come together to form
the best of teams, where we foster a culture of creativity,
innovation, collaboration and growth.
At H&M, we welcome you to be yourself and challenge you to grow
and make a difference.
Help us reimagine the future of an entire industry, making everyone
look, feel and do good.
Be proud of where you came from & amazed by where youll go.
Be Yourself & More at H&M.
Overall Job Summary:
A Department Manager is responsible for supporting the Sales and
Profit goals in the store by setting a plan to deliver the Best
Customer Experience in the department. The role will ensure that
you have the Best Team and support their development, as well as
work with succession planning, talent development, and structured
performance management for the team based on results, values, and
leadership. The role will work in accordance with legal
requirements and H&M standards, policies, and procedures to
meet the expectations of customers and colleagues.
This position within our Store and Sales Function and reports to
our Store manager, and has the following direct reports: Department
Supervisor, Sales Advisor.
Core Responsibilities includes but is not limited to:
Sales and Profit
The Department Manager is responsible for supporting the Sales and
Profit goals in the store by setting a plan to deliver the Best
Customer Experience in the department.
- Regularly analyze and follow up on Sales & Profit KPIs for the
department with the Visual Merchandisers. Secure that actions are
taken to maximize selling. Support the Visual Merchandisers with
these actions by securing the hours and staff needed for a
- Together with the store management team, set the hours plan for
the department in line with the sales budget
- Together with the store management team, ensure proper
scheduling for the department to maximize conversion and enable
commercial activities (department moves, Sales, Deals, etc.)
keeping within the frame of the hours plan
- Plan and prioritize actions together with your team that have a
clear impact on selling
- Ensure the departments execution continuously meets H&M
standards and follow up using the Store Experience Tool
- Together with the visual team you ensure the implementation of
the Commercial Handbook for the department
- Ensure Store Operations and Best Practices are followed in the
department and throughout the store. This includes, but not limited
to: truck planning, intraday, garment care, etc.
- Ensure H&M Customer Service standards are delivered at all
times through active coaching of Sales Advisors and leading by
- Ensure the maintenance of the department is managed in a
cost-efficient way to meet H&M standards and initiate actions
accordingly with the store management team
- Actively prevent loss and ensure the department follows
appropriate safety and security guidelines
- Give input to the Store Manager and District Teams on
allocation and replenishment to secure a good garment level in the
department according to selling
- Inform the Store Manager of any potential risks, threats, and
opportunities related to the competitor landscape
People and Teams
The Department Manager will ensure the Best Teams and support their
development, as well as work with succession planning, talent
development, and structured performance management for the team
based on results, values, and leadership. The role will work in
accordance with legal requirements and H&M standards, policies,
and procedures to meet the expectations of customers and
- Manage the recruitment, training, development and succession
planning for the department team in line with H&M ROTD best
- Evaluate and manage the performance of the Department team
members; give regular feedback, execute dialogues, development
plans, and follows ups and take actions to improve performance and
develop the team
- Actively work with a talent pipeline within the
Department/store to support the business needs
- Ensure clear communication to Store team on business
performance, company culture, and training focuses through daily
Behind the Seams Meetings and participating in weekly Leadership
- Ensure that health & safety, legal, and security issues are
being handled to H&M standards and local laws, securing the
employee and customer safety at all times
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with
H&M policies and applicable laws including time off requests,
pay, location or title changes, conducting terminations &
corrective actions, and making employment decisions
- Ability to maintain overall store responsibility in absence of
- Strengthen our Company Culture by promoting feedback in our
daily work and coach your team to do the same
- Assist Store Manager with sales and profit responsibility for
- Accurate recording of sales figures and hours
What Youll Need to Succeed:
- High School graduate or equivalent; Associates or Bachelors
Degree is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of retail management or comparable
- Ability to lift in excess of 20 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch,
engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items
(mannequins, clothing, totes, torsos, etc.) for a short
- Ability to climb a ladder and use a step stool
- Ability to coach and counsel staff on performance management
and progressive discipline techniques
- Open availability including evenings and weekends
- Basic computer skills such as browser navigation, software
interaction, and data entry are needed
- Minimal travel required (i.e. Workshops)
Job Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Find your own work style at H&M.
Working at H&M is a journey of constant discovery.
Here, youll help customers find, the perfect fit,
and grow your career in new ways.
Help us make style more sustainable & fashion more inclusive,
and watch yourself grow with the challenges we face together.
Welcome to H&M, where you can Be Yourself & More.
Financial Accountability: None
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: H&m, Sandy , H&M Department Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Sandy, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!