Firearm Customer Service Cashier
Company: Scheels Sports
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Our goal is to be the best retailer in USA in the eyes of our
customers, associates, and business partners.
We would love to have you join the Scheels team!
The Gun Customer Service position is responsible for processing
accurate and efficient sales transaction. This position will
provide superior customer service to Scheels customers and with the
What it takes to be a Scheels Expert:
- Genuinely and consistently treat co-workers, customers and
business partners like they are the most important person including
eye contact, a smile and a genuine "Thank you"
- Approach daily tasks, projects and follow-up communication with
energy and sense of urgency
- Cultivate a deep desire to become a knowledge expert in their
role with the ability to apply their knowledge and experience with
- Show respect and appreciation for others and Scheels
- Arrive to work and meetings 10 minutes early
- Genuine interest and action in helping others before yourself,
regardless of recognition or reward
- Consistent eagerness to listen, learn, apply knowledge and
accept critical feedback
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math, grammar, punctuation
- Meets Scheels dress and grooming expectations in support of
professional, clean and welcoming environment for customers,
co-workers and business partners
- Demonstrate pride and ownership of their work while meeting
- Accurately and efficiently process customer transactions
through registers to itemize and total customer purchases.
- Collects payment in form of cash, check or credit from
customers and able to provide accurate change when needed, and the
- Record daily transactions from cash register to balance drawer
by counting money at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Maintain orderly appearance of personal work space and
- Assist in calling NICS firearm background checks.
- Assist with gun room housekeeping.
- Ability to carry multiple gun boxes up & down stairs.
- Walking multiple customers across the catwalk to the
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions,
short correspondence and memos.
- Demonstrate multi-tasking, organization, attention to detail
and problem solving skills.
- Experience in Microsoft Office programs such as Word,
Publisher, Excel and Google Docs.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to complete basic mathematical equations.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Assist with all other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); and/or one
to three months of cashiering experience
Must be able to sit, stand, bend at the waist, climb, stoop, kneel,
crouch, reach, walk, push/pull, lift, talk, and hear with or
without reasonable accommodation
Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds
of force constantly to move objects
Scheels cares about the health and safety of our Associates.
Associates are expected to follow all safety procedures and perform
their job duties in a fashion that minimizes the risk of
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 9a.m. and 9p.m.,
Monday through Saturday, 11a.m. and 6p.m., Sunday. Schedule may
include varied hours, evenings, weekends (both Saturday and
Sunday), and holidays, must be available minimum of three weekends
a month. Average hours per week is (20) hours.
Scheels offers a complete benefits package to include:
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Associate Discount
- Employee Assistance Program
- Holiday Pay
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scheels is an equal employment opportunity employer providing equal
employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age, color,
national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability,
race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status,
status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In
addition, Scheels will provide reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals when appropriate
Keywords: Scheels Sports, Sandy , Firearm Customer Service Cashier, Hospitality & Tourism , Sandy, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!