Company: Hidden Valley Country Club
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Hidden Valley Country Club is looking for a skilled Sous Chef to
join our team. The ideal candidate will be an operationally
creative professional with strong leadership, communication, and
management experience that can thrive in a fast-paced,
service-oriented environment. We strive for a premier culture that
encompasses teamwork, creativity, collaboration, and values. Our
mission is to exceed our member's and guests' expectations and
create "Raving Fans." Total Compensation: $70, 000 to $75, 000, DOE
We offer fantastic benefits, including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Plan
- Basic Life, Short, and Long-term disability
- 401K with a 4% employer match
- Employee Scholarship Program
- Vacation, PTO, and Sick.
- Seasonal Golf privileges & Ski Benefit
- Direct Deposit
- Free cook-to-order employee meals
- Holiday Pay
- Christmas Bonus
The Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Executive Chef in
the overall kitchen operation, ensuring maximum member satisfaction
through planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the
Kitchen operation and administration. This person shall exhibit
culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading staff
and managing all food-related functions to help the Executive Chef
educate staff members in cooking techniques and handling of food
products and storage. Also assists in supervising all kitchen areas
to ensure a consistent, high-quality product is produced.
- Interact with members & guests to obtain feedback on product
- Respond to and handle guest problems and complaints
- Be aware of financial budgets and goals.
- Ensure that members & guests are constantly receiving an
exceptional dining experience
- Ensure that all food items are prepared per standardized recipe
while maintaining portion control and minimizing waste.
- Ensure that food stock levels are of sufficient quantity and
- Ensure that all food preparation equipment is being used safely
and correctly and cleaned and sanitized.
- Ensure that all banquet and buffet set-ups are prepared ahead
of guest arrival.
- Manage the culinary team and take a personal interest in each
- Project a positive and motivated attitude among all
- Skilled in butchery, meat & fish fabrication.
- Understand and comply with all policies, procedures, and laws
related to employment, food handling, sanitation, and alcohol
service within a restaurant.
- Ensure that all food products are received and of good
- Ensure that all food products are stored, dated, and rotated
- Ensure that all weekly work schedules are administered
correctly for upcoming events.
- Ensure that culinary staff is motivated by giving positive
- Delegate responsibility to subordinates as required.
- Coach, counsel, and discipline promptly in accordance with club
- Act as kitchen manager. This includes product ordering as well
as inventory control.
- Assist the chef in monthly inventory counts as well as product
- Recruit and select employees to build the strongest possible
- Identify strengths and weaknesses and provide feedback to team
- Perform all other duties assigned PI190836622
Keywords: Hidden Valley Country Club, Sandy , Sous Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Sandy, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!