Software Application Architect - CDC - REMOTE!
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Type of Requisition: RegularClearance Level Must Be Able to
Obtain: NonePublic Trust/Other Required: NoneJob Family: Software
DevelopmentGDIT is looking for a remote Software Application
Architect with experience leading, architecting, modernizing, and
implementing custom software projects in the Microsoft stack to
solve complex business problems.This position is to support our
delivery success and shape up the growth in our CDC account. The
candidate should possess excellent communication, negotiation
skills, work ethic, and the ability to lead architecture and to
participate in all aspects of the agile software development life
cycle.A qualified candidate is a software architect with advanced
design, and Azure infrastructure for web applications. Must have
application modernization expertise and should have experience in
modernizing legacy applications (Coldfusion, PHP, JSP etc) to a
modern microservices architecture C#, .NET Core, on Azure
stack.This role is fully remote!Primary Duties
- Leading development and implementation of innovative business
driven solutions in balance with cost, schedule, and quality.
- Modernize the current legacy application pragmatically by
establishing the to-be architecture
- Implementation of the to-be architecture including the
migration of data from legacy to the modern to-be
- Collaborate with our as-is application team and clients to
craft technology solutions, gather requirements, and estimate
effort required to deliver the solutions.
- Lead development projects including technical requirements
gathering, data modeling, technology selection, and infrastructure
- Architect new applications with industry best practices.
- Provide technical guidance on various projects throughout the
software development life cycle to the development team
- Collaborate with other team members on agile development
- Provide feedback to other team members on architecture,
software design, and best practices.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize
effectively to meet our clients delivery expectations.
- Mentor teammates to share your knowledge and build a stronger
- Bachelors degree with 20+ years of experience required, or
equivalent education and experience
- 5+ years as an Architect with modernization experience on .NET
- Azure cloud, Azure PaaS (App Services, Azure SQL, etc.) Azure
AD and relevant certifications is a must
- Advanced experience with Microsoft stack web development
including ASP.NET, C#, .NET Core, .NET Framework, SQL Server,
- Advanced knowledge of architectural patterns for writing
scalable and maintainable software and of security best practices
for software development
- Experience leading the development of Enterprise solutions for
proposals, white papers, prototypes, wireframe tools etc.
- DevOps deployment methodology, including CI/CD tools and
patterns, and .NET container delivery and design knowledge is a
- Ability to travel less than 10% annually
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust
- Experience in working in Federal Health Agencies; with any of
the following customers: CDC, DHA, VA, IHS, HHS, CMS, FDA, or
similar is highly desired.
- Legacy ColdFusion, php, jsp experience
- Azure Synapse, Data factory, DataBricks Knowledge
- Experience in interoperability framework to support X12, HL7,
FHIR EDI transactions.
- Reporting tools such as PowerBI and tableau
- Exceptional technical communication skills with the ability to
explain complex technical issues to a technical or non-technical
- Comfortable speaking to clients, eliciting detailed
requirements and guiding them towards technical solutions
- Ability to gather and write strong requirements based on
clients business objectives and Proven success leading projects to
successful completion#GDITFedHealthJobsCOVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT
does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To
protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with
customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in
certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal
contractor mandate and customer site requirements.We are GDIT. The
people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and
intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the
expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We
transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and
innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow
is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the
lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology
transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the
job done.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or
any other protected class.
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Sandy , Software Application Architect - CDC - REMOTE!, IT / Software / Systems , Sandy, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!