Research Scientist - Mass Spectrometry Research and Development
Posted on: April 30, 2020
STRONG CANDIDATE IDENTIFIED. Essential Duties and
- Initiate, direct, and execute scientific research with an
emphasis on developing next generation technology, trade secrets,
and intellectual property.
- Act as a mass spectrometry scientific expert within the R&D
team during implementation and process confirmation phases,
allowing thorough conceptualization and overall design and testing
of new products.
- Influence the scientific community and market via patents,
publications, and conference presentations.
- Provide research project planning and time estimates.
- Evaluate competitive products and new technologies from
research institutions, aiming to enhance future products.
- Work with manufacturing, sustaining, quality and service
personnel to improve quality, cost, manufacturability, and
serviceability of products.
- Demonstrate independent and creative scientific thinking,
ability in solving complex problems, and resilience to setbacks and
- Experience and ability to lead and coordinate multiple
collaborative projects in a cross-functional program team
- Doctoral (Ph.D.) degree in Physics, Chemistry, or Engineering,
with strong computer and mathematics skills required.
- Knowledge of mass spectrometry theory and components (such as
electromagnetic fields, ionization sources, mass analyzers
specifically, quadrupoles and ion traps, RF systems, detectors and
electrometers, data acquisition hardware).
- Programming skills in one or more industry standard computer
languages such as SIMION, Mathcad, Matlab and SolidWorks.Preferred
- Knowledge of Gas Chromatography (GC) theory and
- Knowledge and experience in design and development of
ionization sources for MS is a plus.
- Strong instrumentation design skills and troubleshooting
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and
- Ability to dissect problems and projects into manageable
- Excellent group interaction and negotiating skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to plan and define research projects.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to handle
multiple tasks with different priorities.
- Previous successful academic or work-related experience
mentoring peers.Do you enjoy working on cutting-edge solutions in
healthcare diagnostics and clinical research? Are you excited about
environmental, human health and life sciences? Do you want to work
with like-minded people who are revolutionizing the scientific
industry? If so, come join PerkinElmer's global R&D team made
up of 700 scientists, researchers, clinicians, software developers,
data scientists and engineers that create customer solutions and
drive impactful outcomes. Our commitment shows in the research we
do on a spectrum of diagnostics tests, directly impacting global
health, new drug development from our life science offerings,
informatics solutions that aid to monitor drug clinical trials, and
products to ensure our food, water and environment are healthy,
safe and clean.As part of the R&D team, you will work in all
phases of product development lifecycle, including concept,
planning, development and validation on new product launches and
patents. Our software teams help scientists make the next
breakthrough discovery for a healthier world utilizing cloud
platforms, big data technologies, persona-based workflows and
visual analytics.Come see what next opportunity within PerkElmer's
global R&D team could be right for you!
Keywords: Perkinelmer, Sandy , Research Scientist - Mass Spectrometry Research and Development, Other , Sandy, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!