Administrative Assistant - Estimating - Sandy, UT
**Administrative Assistant - Estimating**
+ 01-Jun-2021 to 01-Jul-2021 (MST)
+ Sandy, UT, USA
+ Full Time
_Medical with HSA option, Dental, Vision, PTO, 401K with match,
Gym Reimbursement, and more_
The Estimating Assistant provides administrative support for the
SBU's Estimating team and as needed, to project management teams.
Carries out administrative processes, procedures and document
control associated with job bids, projects, plans and
specifications. Suggests and makes improvement to administrative
processes where possible. Prepares professional and accurate
project-related documents. Establishes and maintains associated
**Duties and Responsibilities**
1. Champions "The Layton Way" by delivering predictable outcomes
for internal teams, external teams, and customers.
2. Ensures that "Constructing with Integrity" is delivered by
working with honesty, unity, safety, and quality of work.
3. Prepares and maintains project folders; creates job
information, scope and bid day files.
4. Prepares invitations to bid including general project
descriptions, required trade packages and subcontractor
5. Determines source for plans per project and notifies
estimators when updates are received.
6. Prioritizes plans and executes workload related to proposal
7. Prepares bid documents (bid form, bid bond, proposal package)
and obtains appropriate signatures.
8. Coordinates and maintains subcontractor bid lists per project
and works with project estimators to ensure appropriate bid
coverage per project scope. This includes contacting subcontractors
via phone and email for pricing and bids as well as follow up
clarifications and status updates.
9. Coordinates workload and tasks with Chief Estimator and other
10. Prepares and maintain subcontractor contact list on Building
Connected and identifies areas that need additional subcontractor
11. Organizes and maintain online plan rooms.
12. Maintains master subcontract lists and updates them
13. Maintains bid calendar, FTP website and corporate bid recap
14. Assists subcontractors in accessing the FTP website for
access to plans.
15. Assists subcontractors in accessing Layton's
pre-qualification site and encourages subcontractor to update
pre-qualification information as needed.
16. Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
Reports all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Safety.
17. Accepts accountability for both individual and team
18. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Must have a minimum of one-year post-high school education or
three to six months of related experience or equivalent combination
of education and experience.
2. Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions,
short correspondence and memos. Must be able to compose simple
3. Must have excellent spelling, grammar, and proofreading
4. Should have the ability to effectively present or share
information in one-on-one or small group situations to other
employees or clients either in person or over the telephone.
5. Must be highly proficient in personal computer skills
including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database
activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
6. Must have ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in
all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and
decimals. Should be able to compute rate, ratio and
7. Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
8. Two years previous secretarial or administrative
9. Experience in the construction industry with ability to read
**EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL** -Layton Construction isan equal
opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other
legally protected characteristics
**Layton Construction** https://layton.applicantpool.com
+ **Share This Page**
+ Maintained byApplicantPool (http://www.applicantpool.com) -