Equipment Specialist / Operator (AFA-Days)
Company: BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company)
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in
the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical
discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over
65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around
the world to address some of the most challenging global health
About the role:
Within BD's Medication Delivery Solutions (MDS) Research &
Development team, the successful candidate fulfills an opportunity
to be part of a group of dynamic product development professionals.
The Infusion Specialty Disposables (ISD) platform is seeking a
hardworking and passionate individual to innovate and realize
solutions which will transform and disrupt current infusion
Key responsibilities will include:
- Product design and development responsibilities would include
but not be limited to, CAD conceptualization and design, CAE
analysis and system modeling, functional analysis, risk analysis
and mitigation, design specification development, performance
characterization, structured problem solving, design for assembly,
design for manufacturability, and design for reliability.
- Technical leadership to execute product development
deliverables from concept through commercialization for intravenous
infusion sets and connection devices.
- Technical plan development and leadership in its execution to
assess and develop design inputs, conduct analytical and empirical
feasibility studies, refine product configurations and designs,
verify and validate subsystems and systems, concurrently transfer
designs alongside Operations, and provide design documentation to
support global Regulatory filing strategies.
- Plan, develop, modify, implement, and support ISD products
through the application of design control, change control, and
rigorous engineering practices
- Utilize various conceptual development and ideation tools and
standard methodologies to produce new product, and product enabling
- Guide and mentor engineering and technician team for project
and functional impact.
- An experienced team leader who leads initiatives to enhance
team's technical excellence capabilities.
- Engineering knowledge and expertise in product systems
architecture, requirements management, risk management, DFSS,
DF(x), analytical methods (tolerance analyses, first principles,
FEA, CFD), empirical methods (DOE, MSD, MSA), statistical methods
(stochastic modeling, distribution and capability analyses), design
traceability, and design tradeoff optimization.
- Experience in full cycle product development
- Team-motivated mentality with ability to collaborate across
global development teams.
- Excellent communicator with ability to break down complexities
into manageable, easily understood pieces.
- Self motivated, willingness to try, learn new things, and learn
- Courage to identify new problems; creativity to develop new
ways to solve old problems
Education and experience required:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Advanced degree
- Minimum 8+ years related work and/or advanced degree
- Minimum 4+ years working in a regulated industry
- Previous experience with Class II disposable medical devices in
a high-volume manufacturing environment (preferred)
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your
opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your
authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their
life's purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and
colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an
inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total
Rewards program - which includes competitive pay, benefits,
continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance
components - is designed to support the varying needs of our
diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex,
creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or
domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics,
disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other
Primary Work Location
USA CA - Brea
USA CA - San Diego TC Bldg C&D
Keywords: BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Sandy , Equipment Specialist / Operator (AFA-Days), Other , Sandy, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!