VP Corporate Controller
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Company is a financial services family of companies that deploys
and manages U.S. and international investments. Working with
private and institutional investors, Company acquires and manages
assets while delivering administrative and operational expertise
necessary to ensure precise financial performance.
The VP, Corporate Controller is responsible to maintain the
Company's General Ledger and implement policies to ensure accuracy
and precision for all aspects of financial management including;
corporate accounting, treasury operations, financial reporting,
payroll, and accounts payable/receivable. Establish policies,
procedures, and internal controls to ensure cash is protected and
that sufficient controls exist to mitigate risk to cash. Assure
accounting practices are GAAP and in line with company strategic
goals, and provide value-added analysis.
Company develops innovative financial products and utilizes
sophisticated legal and financial structures to package those
products for institutional investment. This requires a hands-on,
fast, and clear thinking, organized leader that can grasp complex
structures, design stable and scalable operational solutions, and
manage consistent and precise execution.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure timely delivery of quarterly financials to all
appropriate parties, including but not limited to the executive
team, the board, and investors.
- Provide strategic direction to the Accounting team and
management as it relates to Accounting functions.
- Review journal entries and other accounting transactions,
maintain overall accuracy and integrity of the general ledger and
ensure the financial statements are US GAAP compliant.
- Analyze financial statements and other reports to ensure
accuracy of reporting.
- Develop, oversee and manage all accounting operations including
Billing, A/R, Trust Accounting, A/P, GL, Payroll, and Revenue
- Establish and oversee Company banking relationships as
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government
reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Serves as a financial liaison with the direction of the
Companys Staff Attorney between the company and outside firms and
- Coordinate with outside CPA firms to complete annual tax
returns and other filings for multiple entities.
- Coordinate with the CPA firms to complete annual audits for
- Collaborate with Risk and Quality Control to develop processes
and reporting to ensure oversight and controls regarding cash and
- Work cross-functionally with business partners in development
of treatment of new product lines or other functionality impacting
- Lead, manage and develop Accounting staff.
- Develop, improve, automate, and document processes with a keen
eye on internal controls and integration with NetSuite.
- Other duties and activities as required.
QUALIFICATION & CAPABILITIES
- Accountability Delivering on commitments made to our
stakeholders, transparency about progress and outcomes, and
ownership of responsibility for decisions.
- Collaboration Trust, open communication, and teamwork inside
and outside the organization to maximize shared knowledge.
- Knowledgeable - Comprehensive understanding of relevant rules
and regulations impacting the mortgage and real estate industry and
the best practices and standards used to ensure compliance.
- Expert Communicator Can tailor speaking to multiple types of
audiences; a concise, compelling writer.
- Inclusive Able to work effectively with team members from
varying backgrounds and job types.
- Tech Savvy Use and embrace technology as a tool to enhance work
effectiveness but not as a means to replace hard work; adept at
learning new technologies quickly.
- Capable Leader - Help management prioritize work to meet
ambitious goals. Foresee and mitigate the challenges presented to
- Entrepreneurial Enjoy the hustle thats required to forge new
- Organized and Productive Effective planner and not letting
distractions come in between effort and meeting goals
- Bachelors degree or commensurate work experience required in a
related field or equivalent; CPA preferred.
- 10 years of experience as a Controller in a REIT or financial
- Experience with managing reporting, analysis, accounts payable
and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for
2 direct and 1 Indirect report, currently with the capacity to
build out the team as the organization needs.
Keywords: ExecuNet, Sandy , VP Corporate Controller, Other , Sandy, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!