Security Guard - Hiring Immediately
Company: Allied Universal
Posted on: January 12, 2022
At Allied Universal, we continue to build an inclusive, Be
Phenomenal culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a
diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer
to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied
Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We
take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are
countless examples of individuals who began their career as
Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior
leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life
insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts,
perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal
career with Allied Universal today!Weekly Pay$16.00/hrUniforms
ProvidedFull Benefits 18 and older Covid Vaccination
requiredComputer skills This position is responsible for the safety
and security of the facilities they protect. Our Financial Center
Officers allow us to accomplish our companys core purpose which is
to service, secure and care for the people and businesses in our
communities. Financial Center Security Officers act as a visible
deterrent to crime and client rule infractions; they detect and
report suspicious, unsafe or criminal acts at or near their
assigned posts which may be a threat to the property, clients,
guests or employees at the site.ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum
requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Ensure the facility is provided with high quality security
services to protect people and property.
- Maintains proficiency in the use of all assigned protective
equipment, restraint devices and weapons.
- Report safety concern, security breaches and unusual
circumstances both verbally and in writing.
- Preserves order and acts to enforce regulations and directives
for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors and premises.
- Monitors closed circuit television systems and alarms; Reports
safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both
verbally and in writing.
- Maintains awareness and familiarity with the site-specific
operations performance manual and post orders.
- Meets and continues to meet any applicable state, county and
municipal licensing and permit requirements for Armed Security
Officers and specific protective device and weapons
- Build, improve, and maintain effective relationships with both
client employees and guests.
- Answer questions and assist guests and employees; Answer phones
or greet guests/ employees in a professional, welcoming
- Patrols the facility on foot or in a vehicle.
- Could be required to work for multiple clients at multiple
locations; covering special projects, call offs, vacations and open
shifts. QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; at least 21 years
- Be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the
state for which you are applying, maintain current active status of
all required License at all times, and must carry the License at
all times while on duty. We provide free training for any hires who
do not possess a card/license.
- Current state drivers license, clean driving record (no points
in prior 3 years), minimum level of insurance as required by
Company policy, and ability to safely operate a vehicle
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully
complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment
drug/alcohol test and may be required to pass a Drivers Record
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability
to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple
competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Ability to handle both common and crisis situations at the
client site, calmly and efficiently.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent
judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain
correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence.
Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Must possess effective oral and written communication and
interpersonal skills. Ability to successfully interact at all
levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and
effective manner, including with clients
- Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative
wireless technology at client specific sites.
- Highly organized and ability to follow procedures concisely and
consistently; high level of compliance and unwavering integrity to
oversee and ensure policies are enforced in a self-directed
- Must be able to frequently prepare reports and read and
understand all operating procedures and instructions.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to
stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person
and via regular telephone equipment), and must be able to read
computer screens, correspondence and reports in English.
- The employee must constantly walk, stand, reach with both hands
and arms, and must be able to drive a vehicle. The employee may
occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. May be required to
climb stairs on an intermittent basis at client sites.
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level
required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers,
view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor
conditions such as cold, rain or heat
- Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment,
with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a
calm and professional manner. Includes being able to effectively
manage multiple employees with diverse personalities and engage
them to perform at optimum levels.
- Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to
- Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.Allied
Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to
people and businesses within our local communities, and is North
Americas leading security services provider. Allied Universal
delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to
focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com. We
proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200
companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one
million military veterans.
Identity Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Keywords: Allied Universal, Sandy , Security Guard - Hiring Immediately, Other , Sandy, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!