Heavy Equipment Operator
Company: RALPH L. WADSWORTH CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Ralph L Wadsworth is looking for Equipment Operators to start
Pay- DOE starting at $22.00 and going up
MUST have valid drivers license
MUST have at least 4 years of experience in Loaders/Excavators
MUST be open to travel as well.
Days and nights
If you are interested please send your resume to ...@wadsco.com or
Equipment Operators responsibilities and abilities include but are
not limited to the list below. Other duties may be
- Ability to proficiently operate three or more types of heavy
equipment such as a backhoe, trackhoe, scrapers, dozer, excavator,
loader, rock trucks, compactors, articulated trucks, crushers,
and/or motor graders with or without GPS in a manner to prepare the
job site to meet the required grades.
- Fastens attachments to tractor with clevis or wedge pin
- Connects hydraulic hoses, belts, mechanical linkage, or power
takeoff shaft to tractor to provide power to raise, lower, or tilt
- Moves levers to control tool bars, carriers, and disks.
- Moves hand and foot levers to control hydraulic shovel.
- Uses shovel to dig trenches and holes of specified length,
depth and width, remove loosened material and put in piles or
- Moves levers and depresses pedals to maneuver equipment and
raise, lower, and tilt attachment to clear right-of-way.
- Feels lever and listens for stalling action of engine to
estimate depth of cut.
- Drives bulldozer in successive passes over terrain to raise or
lower terrain to specified grade following markings on grade stakes
or hand signals.
- Responsible to construct/grade new roadways, base courses,
building pads, footing excavation and water ponds and to properly
slope and grade to specifications.
- Responsible to load, move, level and grade dirt, rocks, demoed
concrete and other materials in a safe and efficient manner all in
a high paced environment to maintain production goals.
- Ability to maintain the initiative to maintain the flow of work
under minimal supervision.
- Responsible of demolition of bridges and other structures with
excavators and hydraulic hoe rams.
- Responsible to operate equipment within a Pipe Crew environment
such as an excavator or loader.
- Responsible for general housekeeping, light maintenance of
equipment, proper care of equipment, operating the equipment
without damaging it along with maintenance checks of equipment
including reporting usage/utilization hours on a daily basis.
- May work with GPS installed devices on dozers and motor
- Learn, follow and promote all safety standards of Ralph L
Wadsworth and its projects.
- Work weekend, holiday, and/or overtime work as the project
- Perform Laborer work as required
- Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Have a minimum of 4-6 years of Heavy Equipment Operating
Experience with multiple types of equipment or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Willing to do laborer work
- Ability to work safely under pressure with time constraints in
a changing environment.
- Frequent gross body movements such as bending, climbing into
equipment, lifting (up to 75lbs), twisting, standing, balancing,
stooping, handling materials, moving around hazardous sites.
- Good Eye to Hand coordination a must. Depth perception
- High School diploma/GED preferred.
- Flexible availability to include overtime and possible weekends
- Valid Driver's licenseBenefits / Pay
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay
- 401k retirement plan + 5% company matching
- Health Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth and Advancement
- Life Insurance
- Great company culture and parties
We are an equal opportunity employer: We do not discriminate based
on race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, age, genetic information,
marital status, military status, membership or activity in a local
human rights commission, or status with regard to public
assistance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
Keywords: RALPH L. WADSWORTH CONSTRUCTION COMPANY, Sandy , Heavy Equipment Operator, Other , Sandy, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!