NP/PA Senior Wellness Visits - Sandy UT
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Family Practice/Primary Care opening in Sandy, Utah. This and
other physician assistant jobs brought to you by DocCafe
Join a team that is discovering new ways to help the health system
work better for everyone. OptumCare is the fastest growing part of
the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses and we're putting
providers at the center of care and supporting them with the tools
they need to focus on quality patient outcomes. As part of our
continued growth, we are searching for a
Full-time Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant (APC)
to join our Utah team.
- Complete Annual Wellness Exams for our Medicare Advantage
Senior Patient Population at our Senior Community Center
- Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using
clinical knowledge and judgement, and the findings of your
- Communicate findings in your assessment that will be used to
inform the PCP of potential gaps in care.
- You will see on average 8 senior patients a day
- Provide educational 1:1 talks with patients on topics such as
disease process, medication and compliance, and more.
This position involves care at the Community Center, Mobile Unit,
and Skilled Nursing Facilities within a specific geographical area.
You must be comfortable working autonomously.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package
- Competitive Salary with bonus potential
- Med/Den/Vis, STD, LTD, 401k with match
- Professional Liability and Tail Coverage
- UHG Stock Purchase Option
- PTO Accrual
- CME Reimbursement and days
- And more….
- Utah Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant license and
national certification (Family Medicine, Adult Medicine, or
- Active DEA license with prescriptive authority, or ability to
- Proficient in assessment and patient education
- Utah Driver's License and Auto Insurance in accordance with the
state of Utah (or will be licensed and insured by employed
- Ability to work autonomously
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this
role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster
doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth
Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as
well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of
vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to
ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential
job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- 2+ year or more of clinical experience working as a Nurse
Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
- Experience in Gerontology, or Cardiology, or Internal Medicine,
- Knowledge and or experience working with the Medicare Advantage
Population performing patient assessments/annual wellness
- Knowledge of value-based model medicine including HCCs and
Medicare HEDIS/Stars measures
At Optum Care, we've found that putting clinicians at the center of
care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led
organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care
organizations in the world, serving over 14 million people through
more than 38,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice
clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics,
surgery centers hospitals, and urgent care centers, within care
models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and
driving change through collaboration and innovation.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and
communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate
companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19
vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some
roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job
function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and
local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client
COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary
information from candidates prior to employment to ensure
compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job
functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet
the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an
employment offer or termination of employment.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal
Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass
a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, Sandy , NP/PA Senior Wellness Visits - Sandy UT, Other , Sandy, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!