Company: RALPH L. WADSWORTH CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Operates traveling or stationary overhead crane (cab or ground
controlled) to lift, move, and position loads such as machinery,
equipment, products, and solid or bulk materials by performing the
following duties. We are looking for someone who can operator
multiple types of cranes (Hydraulic Cranes, Truck Mounted Cranes,
mobile cranes, Lattice-Boom, etc.) and able to operator heavy
equipment (Loader, trackhoe, etc.).
Crane Operator responsibilities and abilities include but are not
limited to the list below. Other duties may be assigned.
- Observes load hookup and determines safety of load.
- Proficiently manipulates or depresses crane controls such as
pedals, levers, and buttons, to regulate speed and direction of
crane and hoist movement.
- Uses hoisting attachments such as hook, sling, electromagnet,
or bucket as load requires.
- Cleans and maintains crane and hoisting mechanism.
- Inspects crane for defective parts and notifies supervisor of
defects or malfunctions.
- Uses critical lift plan checklist and signs off on
- Work Ethic: Dedicated and hard working
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal communication and team
work skills are necessary as proper completion of an assigned job
and working safe will be highly dependent upon this ability.
- Flexibility: Ability to work in a number of diverse locations
is pertinent, as work locations may change daily.
- Coordination: Depth perception and eye-hand coordination are
- Winning attitude!
- Follows safety procedures, identifies unsafe practices, and
safely operates and properly maintains Company equipment.
- Promotes the values and practices of the Company, and works
within a team environment.
- Accurately and thoroughly performs the job.
- Uses creativity and imagination to develop new ideas and/or
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- A minimum of 5 years of Crane Operating Experience
- NCCCO Certification for hydraulic cranes up to 100 tons
- NCCCO Certification for Lattice-Boom Truck Cranes up to 150
tons is strongly preferred.
- NCCCO Certification for Lattice-Boom Crawler Cranes up to 120
tons is strongly preferred.
- Commercial Driver's License required.
- TSC Certification required.
- Willing to do laborer work
- Frequent gross body movements such as bending, climbing into
equipment, lifting (up to 75lbs), twisting, standing, balancing,
stooping, handling materials, moving around hazardous sites.
- Good Eye to Hand coordination a must. Depth perception
- High School diploma/GED preferred.
- Flexible availability to include overtime and possible
weekends.Benefits / Pay
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay
- 401k retirement plan + 5% company matching
- Health Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth and Advancement
- Life Insurance
- Great company culture and parties
We are an equal opportunity employer: We do not discriminate based
on race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, age, genetic information,
marital status, military status, membership or activity in a local
human rights commission, or status with regard to public
assistance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
law. Associated topics: backhoe, crane, equipment, equipment
operator, heavy equipment, heavy equipment opr, heavy equipment
technician, operator, plant, press
Keywords: RALPH L. WADSWORTH CONSTRUCTION COMPANY, Sandy , Crane Operator, Other , Sandy, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!