Company: Layton Construction
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Headquartered in Salt Lake City and supported by 12 offices
nationally, at Layton we're builders and we're family! Through
delivering predictable outcomes, we've been inspiring confidence in
our customers since 1953. We know that behind every project are the
highly-skilled people making it happen every day, which makes
investing in hiring, developing and retaining the brightest minds a
top priority. We want the opportunity to help you achieve your
career goals.Joining Layton isn't just a new job, it's a career
move that will provide lasting success for you and your
family.SummaryAn Estimator prepares estimates for various projects,
shares responsibility for cost accuracy with project team and
assists other estimators and managers in all types of estimating
tasks.Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares estimates for potential projects, using hard-bid,
design-build and conceptual estimating.
- Reads and understands contract documents (plans, specifications
- Performs quantity take-offs, organizes and prices
- Solicits bids and quotes from subcontractors and
- Communicates with subs and suppliers to clarify pricing
- Prepares estimate formats in such areas as general conditions,
general bidding, quantity takeoffs and bid analysis.
- Assists with the preparation of bid proposal for
- Prepares outline schedules for proposed projects.
- Assists staff members with various special projects related to
- Performs other related duties as assigned or
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or construction
management related field, or equivalent education and
- At least 1 year experience in estimating commercial
construction projects, showing competence in hard-bid,
design-build, and conceptual estimating.
- Excellent working knowledge of Timberline and Excel
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight
- Ability to operate office equipment, such as computer, printer,
phone, copier, fax, etc.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Appropriate knowledge of construction practices and
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD or Primavera systems
preferred.Benefits: The Company offers the following benefits for
this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements:
Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Health
Savings Account, Healthcare Flexible Spending Account, Dependent
Care Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) retirement plan with
employer match, Life & AD&D Insurance, Long-term Disability
Insurance, Short-term Disability Insurance, Critical Illness
Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Home &
Auto Insurance, Family Support, Pre-tax Paid Parking/Public
Transportation, Paid time off, Time Away Benefits, Paid Holidays,
Group Legal, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Identity Theft
Protection, Group Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Assistance
Program.EEO Statement: Layton Construction an equal opportunity
employer. We evaluate qualified employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Keywords: Layton Construction, Sandy , Estimator, Other , Sandy, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!