Scientist, Software Engineer (FPGA
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Description: Job Title: Wireless Digital Communications FPGA
Design Engineer -Scientist
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Job ID: CS20230408-104419
We are looking for a talented FPGA design engineer with industry
experience in wireless digital communications, modems, networking,
and/or digital signal processing (DSP). We design advanced wireless
digital communication systems and electronic warfare systems.
Development efforts include the whole lifecycle of designs from
proposals, requirement definition, coding, simulation, synthesis,
place and route, verification testing, and system support. We are
looking for an engineer who enjoys challenging work with a team of
talented engineers and can work well both in a team and as an
individual contributor. Salt Lake City provides incredible
year-round outdoor recreation options and cultural experiences, and
L3Harris values your work/life balance so you can enjoy these
Areas of desired technical experience or education include:
- Cryptographic Algorithms
- Digital filters
- Forward Error Correction (FEC)
- Electronic Warfare
- Industry standard interfaces (e.g. 10/100/1000 Ethernet, SPI,
UART, SDRAM, DDR3, JESD, PCIe, Ethernet).
- FPGA verification through simulation and unit testing.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 12 years of prior relevant
experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 10 years of prior
related experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 16 years of
prior related experience.
- Experience leading a technical team
- Experience in either VHDL (preferred) or Verilog development
- Experience implementing complex modem and/or DSP circuits in
programmable logic using FPGA devices. Equivalent experience in
ASIC design is also applicable.
- Experience in simulation, synthesis, and placement software
tools such as ModelSim, Synplicity, Xilinx Vivado / ISE and/or
Altera Quartus development tool sets.
- Experience with HLS (High-Level Synthesis)
- Experience with timing closure in large FPGAs.
- Experience in laboratory debug techniques using digital scopes,
logic analyzers, BERTS, and other complex measurement
- FPGA Design using High-speed serial interfaces (3+
- Familiarity with code revision management tools such as
- Familiarity with C/C++/C# and Matlab/Simulink.
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Sandy , Scientist, Software Engineer (FPGA, Other , Sandy, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!