Posted on: March 30, 2021
Company: --US0005 Sysco Intermountain (Division of USA I)Zip
Code:84081Minimum Level of Education:High School or
EquivalentMinimum Years of Experience:0-1 YearsEmployment Type:Full
TimeTravel Percentage: --0OVERVIEW:We offer our associates the
opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to
the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a
manner that exceeds their expectations. We-'re looking for
talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with
us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and
service.JOB SUMMARYThis is a warehouse position responsible for
operating an electric pallet jack, or forklift, to select the
correct products, labeling product using Sysco Order Selection
(SOS) label technology, palletizing product to build customer
orders and delivering the product to the dock safely and
efficiently. This position requires working 6:00 p.m. until
end-of-shift with all products accurately selected and loaded.
Overtime hours and working weekends and holidays are required to
successfully fill customers' orders. The job requires working in
areas with temperature and humidity variations based on local
weather conditions, and on selecting the environment (dry, cooler,
- Hand select orders within various warehouse environments of
fluctuating temperatures, including dry, cooler, and freezer.
- Operate assigned Sysco Order Selection (SOS) unit to create
labels and correctly place labels on product.
- Stack product on pallets following proper selecting procedures
(for example, no stacking heavy-on-light, labels facing out,
- Engage an electric pallet jack, or forklift, to transport
- Stage pallets for loading on proper dock locations.
- Follows SyscoSafe preferred work methods at all times, and
immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Adhere to sanitation requirements to comply with the policy set
forth by the company and by AIB (American Institute of
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including
but not limited to pallet jack, SOS unit, and personal protective
- Perform pre- and post-trip inspections, and safely operate all
- Shrink-wrap product on the loading dock.
- Attend all required company meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned.QUALIFICATIONSEducation
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or
- 3 months' warehouse experience preferred.
- 3 months' experience operating an electric pallet jack or
- Previous experience at Sysco or in the food service industry
- 18+ years of age.
- Submit to pre-employment testing (Drug Screening, Background
Check, Physical Abilities Test).Professional Skills
- Ability to meet or exceed minimum efficiency levels established
through an engineered production standard.
- Able to work rapidly at a constant pace for the entire shift,
in a fast-paced environment.
- Meet or exceed established cases per error goals.
- Develop a good working knowledge of the product, placement, and
inventory control techniques and procedures.
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively as it relates
to the job and the safety regulations.Physical DemandsThe physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
- Frequently lift product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100
- Regularly reach up to 72 inches.
- Constantly bend and twist while operating a pallet jack and/or
forklift, retrieving items from lower shelf areas.Working
ConditionsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill
and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Requires working overtime hours, working weekends, and
- Requires working in areas with temperature and humidity
variations based on local weather conditions, and on selecting the
environment (Dry, Cooler, Freezer).The above information on this
description has been designed to indicate the general nature and
level of work performed by associates within this classification.
It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications
required of associates assigned to this job.Applicants must be
currently authorized to work in the United States.We are proud to
be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and
considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.This
opportunity--is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Sandy , Warehouse Associate, Professions , Sandy, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!