Automation Maintenance Associate
Posted on: January 17, 2023
Job Description Summary12 Hours Night ShiftJob DescriptionBe
part of something bigger!BD is one of the largest global medical
technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of
health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery
of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually
every country around the world to address some of the most
challenging global health issues.Position Summary:Perform routine
and non-routine adjustments and repairs to production equipment.
Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment and machinery malfunctions and
make major and minor repairs as required. Determine the need for
additional maintenance support and assist them as required. Perform
predictive and preventative maintenance on all production
machinery. Operates equipment as needed by the department.
Participate in all team meetings, activities, team building
initiatives, and continuous improvement
- Examine inoperative or malfunctioning production equipment and
machinery and diagnose source of trouble (mechanical, electrical,
- Determine what support functions are needed (mechanical or
electronic) and coordinate and assist with repairs to obtain
- Dismantle machinery and perform routine and non-routine
- Replace broken or defective standard parts with stock
- If a defective part is not a stock item, coordinate the
manufacture of replacement parts with the appropriate
- Reassemble machines and fine tune and adjust equipment under
both static and dynamic conditions.
- Oil, lubricate, and maintain production equipment to support of
the Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Adhere to the established Preventative Maintenance schedules
and remain in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Keep required maintenance records.
- Participate in training with the maintenance personnel and
- Actively participate in the repair of the line under the
direction of appropriate maintenance personnel as directed.
- Assist the machine operators with set-up and changeovers.
- Participate in plant safety programs and ensure equipment
within the cell is operating in a safe manner.
- Understand and use the lockout/tag out and bypass system.
- Know and understand scrap, up-time, and volume metrics.
- Operate equipment to meet production needs of team.
- Work overtime as needed by the department.
- Actively participate in Continuous Improvement teams and
activities, including 5S, blitzes, Shift Start-up, updating PVD
- Continuously improve through the KAS program, meeting
department goals for completed KAS.
- Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety
regulations, policies, and procedures including RCRA Hazardous
- Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and
practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance
- Other duties as assigned.COMPETENCIESPROMOTES AN INCLUSIVE WORK
- Actively pursues creative and diverse styles of thinking to
- Practices zero tolerance for inappropriate behavior and does
not allow derogatory comments/inappropriate jokes to go
- Deals effectively with all races, nationalities, cultures,
physical abilities, ages and both sexesDRIVE FOR RESULTS
- Can be counted on to achieve goals successfully
- Is constantly and consistently a performer who adds value
- Steadfastly pushes self and others for resultsTEAMWORK
- Listens effectively (actively listens)
- Constructively responds to point of view expressed by
- Provides support to those who need it
- Recognizes the interests and achievements of othersINFLUENCING
- Establishes foundation of creditability based on integrity and
- Gains acceptance by understanding the viewpoints of others and
seeking win/win solutionsCONTINUOUS AND VERSATILE LEARNING
- Has the job, functional and technical knowledge and skills to
do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Quickly learns new skills and knowledge
- Learns quickly when facing new problems
- Analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement;
learns from feedback/coachingPROCESS EFFECTIVENESS
- Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things
- Understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient
- Can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer
- Is dedicated to establishing and meeting the needs and
expectations of internal and external customers
- Acts with the customer in mindDEALING WITH AMBIGUITY
- Can shift gears comfortably
- Isnt upset when things are up in the airLEADERSHIP COURAGE
- Doesnt hold back anything that needs to be said
- Is not afraid to take negative action when necessary and
- Maintain safe work behaviors
- High quality products manufactured per task documents
- Meet or exceed department KAS completion goals
- Ensure optimum equipment efficiency with minimum
downtimeEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Effective written and oral communication skills (English),
basic math skills, and interpersonal skills
- One to four years experience in repairing industrial equipment,
machinery, and high speed assembly equipment
- Working knowledge of electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic, and
mechanical systems preferrred
- Must be able to follow verbal instructions and understand both
metric and American measuring systemsLiving the BD Values
- We Accept Personal Responsibility
- We consider individual involvement and accountability to be
both a right and a privilege.
- We accept personal responsibility for everything we do.
- We treat the companys reputation as our own and try to make
wise use of our time and the companys resources.
- We expect access to the tools and information necessary to
participate in any decisions that will reflect on our collective or
individual reputations.We Treat Each Other With Respect
- We act with respect toward each other and toward those with
whom we interact.
- We disagree openly and honestly, and deal with our differences
- Once we have made a decision, we act together in harmony.
- We Always Seek To Improve
- Superior quality is the ground floor of our organization. Upon
it we continually strive to improve by developing, manufacturing
and supplying products and services superior to our competitors and
better than the previous one.
- We study our progress and learn from ourselves and others how
to do things more effectively and efficiently.
- Our commitment to quality goes beyond how well we serve our
customers to include the way we deal with all people.
- How we do things is as important to us as what we do.We Do What
- We are committed to the highest standards of excellence in
everything that we do: on behalf of our customers, our
shareholders, our communities and ourselves.
- We are proud to work for a health care company whose products
and services make a difference in peoples lives.
- We derive our greatest sense of accomplishment from doing what
is right not what is expedient.
- We are reliable, honest and trustworthy in all our
- We keep our promises and if we make a mistake we put it
right.This position is also known as a Back-up Line Mechanic.For
certain roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Companys
receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against
COVID-19. In some locations, testing for COVID-19 may be available
and/or required. Consistent with BDs Workplace Accommodations
Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to
applicable law.Why join us?A career at BD means being part of a
team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers
you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can
fulfill their lifes purpose through the work that they do every
day.You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and
colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an
inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total
Rewards program which includes competitive pay, benefits,
continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance
components is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse
and global associates.To learn more about BD visit Becton,
Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race,
color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status,
familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or
veteran status, or any other protected status.Management LevelJG 1
(B1/B2/O1/O2)Referral Bonus EligiblePrimary Work LocationUSA UT -
SandyAdditional LocationsWork ShiftUS BD 12 Hour day Shift
5pm-530am (United States of America)
Keywords: BD, Sandy , Automation Maintenance Associate, Professions , Sandy, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!