Automation Maintenance Technician - FT
Company: HALE CENTRE THEATRE
Posted on: January 26, 2023
AUTOMATION MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
REPORTS TO: HEAD OF AUTOMATION SYSTEMSGENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB
FUNCTION:The Automation Maintenance Technician for Hale Centre
Theatre contributes to the overall success of theatrical
productions through providing assistance with the daily
preventative maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical
systems in our Jewel Box and Centre Stage Theatres. - A successful
candidate's responsibilities will range from maintenance,
performing and maintaining documentation of inspections,
participation in scenic installs and strikes, and tasks related to
automation and rigging.PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintaining the mechanical components of automated stage lifts,
revolving turntables, overhead bogies and winches systems in both
venues at HCT.
- Conducting weekly, monthly, 3-month, 6-month and annual
preventative maintenance on all systems mentioned above.
- Maintaining written documentation of maintenance and
- Maintaining written documentation or gear inspections.
- Assisting in the assembly and troubleshooting of production
specific automation/rigging components.
- Participation in scenic install and strike.
- Assisting with the automation and rigging needs of day to day
- Work with vendors to acquire parts or equipment.
- Other responsibilities include being trained to inspect
equipment used for overhead rigging, rope access, PPE/fall
protection and performer flying.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Head of Automation Systems
and/or Technical Director.WORKS CLOSELY WITH:
- Head of Automation Systems
- Technical Director
- Production Management
- Scenic Shop ManagementEDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 3+ years as a Maintenance Technician or Millwright, rigging
technician, or electrical technician.
- Must be mechanically inclined, and possess a good working
knowledge of mechanic principals.
- Computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, Google Suite)
- Rope access knowledge and ability to work at heights in excess
of 70'. - SPRAT training is preferred.
- Must be comfortable working in confined spaces.
- Ability to solve problems and engage in creative thinking to
- Possess well-developed communication skills, both written and
- Ability to maintain a professional attitude in a stressful
environment with many personality types.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a
fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Must have adequate knowledge of safety practices in regard to
inspection and maintenance of automation systems.
- General knowledge of Automation software. TAIT Navigator
training is preferred.
- Experience with operating scissor lifts, boom lifts, forklifts,
and chain hoists.
- Knowledge of Metric and Imperial measurement systems as it
relates to hardware:
- bolts, nylock nuts, split washer etc.
- Knowledge of basic automation components:
- PLCs, relays, Beckhoff safety and relay cards, Siemens drives
- Knowledge of automation control systems and familiarity with
the inner workings of a motor control cabinet.
- Knowledge of low voltage systems and an ability to help create
and/or troubleshoot them.
- Knowledge of basic high voltage systems and a willingness to
- Have basic carpentry and metal fabrication skills.
- Position requires full availability: Including nights,
weekends, and holidays. - Shifts will typically be Monday -
Thursday, 7:00am - 5:00pm. - During install and strike periods,
schedule will vary depending on need, up to and including Friday -
Sunday.Salary commensurate with experience. Minimum base hourly
rate for this position is $35.00/hour. Looking for candidates with
an immediate start date. -
Keywords: HALE CENTRE THEATRE, Sandy , Automation Maintenance Technician - FT, Professions , Sandy, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!